March 13, 2012

Reading Reflection for Student Portfolio


It’s the time of the year when many of us are preparing for student portfolio sharing conferences.

Student Portfolio is an amazing tool for many reasons that I can talk about later.

One of the pages of my students' portfolios is a reflection of what they feel as a reader or how they feel about reading.

I am sharing today three different templates. You can download the documents in Word doc format so you can manipulate them according to your needs, but please keep my copyright at the bottom of the page.You need to delete my picture and replace with a picture of your student. Adjust the spaces if necessary.




I do a group discussion about why students consider themselves good readers (or not). Being a good reader and good reading behaviors is something we have been talking about since the beginning of the school year.  So it should be something familiar to the students. It is not something I am just introducing now.

Then you need to have individual conferences with each child to tell you his / her thoughts. I usually transcribe that the child says as in Pre-K most of the students can’t write long sentences.

I really enjoy the whole process of student portfolios!

Amelia Mello, M.Ed.

No comments:

Post a Comment