April 28, 2012

Favorite Color Graph


Children love to make handprints and this is another project that uses handprints and a great way to graph favorite colors.

Ask each child to choose a favorite color.
Trace the child’s hand and ask the child to color the hand. Most of my students chose the “rubbing crayon" technique.

After all the hands were ready I placed them on a table to see the kids reaction in the morning of the next day. The children were looking for their handprints, placing their hands on them, comparing hand sizes and talking about the colors. I decided to leave the handprints there during the day for the kids to explore.


Later when I looked at the table this is what I saw. They had sorted the hands by color. They were also counting them.

 At last the graph is ready! 

No comments:

Post a Comment